Dreaming of Cupcakes: A Food Addict’s Shamanic Journey into Healing
Part autobiography and full of ancient and modern knowledge, Dreaming of Cupcakes follows a woman’s yearlong journey to heal a lifelong addiction to food, utilizing the shamanic medicine traditions she was trained in, her inner resources, and her community of support.
To foster self-governance and self-empowerment in alignment with the Earth so humans can shine more of their light into the world.
- To support children in developing innate healing gifts.
- To provide a safe space for people to heal on all levels (body/heart/mind/spirit).
- To re-awaken child-like wonder, innocence, and joy.
- To open pathways to healing for clients through dance, music, bodywork, healing arts, animal medicine, and the written word.
- To give back to the community at large in a variety of ways including ceremony.
What is Shamanism?
“Shamanism is a term to describe a general practice of using the wisdom of the natural world and the Earth’s energies to heal oneself and to add beauty to one’s life. Shamanism includes many spiritual practices and does not have one doctrine of belief to follow. The ceremonies… are Earth-based and draw upon the wisdom in nature and your inner self in order to bring healing into your lives.”
-from “The Magic Circle: Shamanic Ceremonies for the Child and the Child Within”
by Ann Dickie, Jennifer Engracio, and Katherine Inksetter
Join us for a shamanic dancing ceremony where we will explore moving through the aspects of the inner medicine wheel: body, heart, mind, and spirit. Dance is an ancient way of literally moving us into and through internal transformations, bypassing the well-worn mental processes that often keep us stuck in patterns that do not give life.
Ram Spring Wellness
In the Yurt
443 Upper Ganges Rd, Salt Spring Island, BC
Please register in order to receive protocols for the ceremony beforehand.
To register, email Jen at firstname.lastname@example.org